Can you believe Christmas is in just over three weeks??
But wait! Do not let stress burden you during this most joyful season! When it comes to gift giving, do not spend yourself into debt buying Christmas presents. Sometime, less is more.
|Table by SWAG Home Staging|
- Give cards to elderly friends, promising to visit once each month. Plan to take lunch when you go
- Write a note to sick or elderly friends offering to run errands that they need help with such as bank, grocery store, or doctor appointments
- Give an "IOU" to people who need help raking leaves or cleaning inside the house
- See a single mom paying in front of you at a fast food restaurant? Pick up her tab, or slide your debit card in the grocery store line
- Give a gift card to parents for an afternoon or night of babysitting, single or married they will appreciate some adult time
- Hand made gifts are the best, whether it is baked goods, jewelry or a scarf
- Start a Christmas club account now for next year. Whether you buy gifts or donate, the money will be there when the time arrives
Looking back at Charles and Ruth Wright's lives, founders of Lighting and Lamp, the example they set reminds us that joy is not in "things". Joy shows in our actions toward others. What a great reward for us to know that we made a difference in a child's Christmas, or filled an afternoon for a home bound person who enjoys the company.
Fill your Christmas holiday with joy, not stress.